Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pepero Day Eve

(this is not my picture, it's from google)

So I have been bribing my students.
They give me Pepero sticks and I will give them points and stamps.
That is me getting Pocky sticks (for those of you not familiar with the Korean brand) and giving stamps which cost me nothing.
I am pretty sure I am loving this holiday. It happens on 11/11 and is kinda like the Korean Valentines day only everyone gives Pocky sticks to each other (get it? 11/11)
I got my first one from my students Diena, or Aphrodite as she wants to be called now, and it was not quite what I expected. Rather than a pretzel, it was more a breadstick dipped in chocolate with sprinkles. Still I love chocolate so I am not complaining.
I really hope I get a lot of Pepero love tomorrow; it would definitely improve my feelings for Korea.
Oh and as an update on my last blog, today was pretty enjoyable, my bad classes weren't bad and my good class was still pretty good. I have more energy and the Lord is changing my attitude of disdain for my students.....ok maybe I didn't quite reach disdain, but I have enjoyed classes today which is a change from Monday and Tuesday. Yay!
P.S. Koreans say that Praying Mantises bite. Has anyone ever experience that?

1 comment:

  1. haha, i've been bribing my kids all week too!

    ReplyDelete