Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More Answers!

Yesterday was a little frustrating.

I feel like that is how many of these stories start.

Anyway, it started off fine, I had my first class demolished so I didn't have to come in till later, Then I taught my first class and went into my next classroom only to find out that class was divided into other classes and I no longer had a class at that time. So I took my break and went to my next class to find out my entire schedule is now changed and no one felt like letting me in on it. So I finally figure out what class I am in and find out my 'favorite' student is in there. Yippee.
However I said a lil' prayer for some form of relief and sure enough, in this new class, with kids that are better students and more at his actual intelligence level, student A actually participated and I think we may be able to have class now.......I hope I am not speaking too soon.
So pretty much once I re-wrote my schedule (which looked like some sort of mysterious map after all the arrows were drawn on it showing where classes moved and boxes ex-ed out or written over) it all seemed to work out and sure enough I am back down to 26 classes.

So pretty much lately I have been in stressing situations and although I consciously am aware of how bad it is, my internal self is rather calm. I am actually trusting the Lord to get me through it, although sometimes I still want miracles like making kids disappear or be good or be quiet.
I don't want to be a bad teacher, I don't want to hit kids or yell or get upset. I want to be joy and teach while letting them have fun. This is what I have been thinking about lately:

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit" Galations 5:25

And what are the fruits of the spirit?
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control.

It's like a sock in the face, because that is what I struggle with all day.
Loving kids.
Having a joyous attitude while working.
Relying on the Lord's peace.
Having patience.
Being kind.
Doing more good than expected.
Being dependable for my coworkers and boss.
Being sensitive to obnoxious children and not giving bloody noses all over the place for disrespect and bad behavior(don't worry this urge only comes about once or twice a day).

But at the same time, it is exciting. I am actually finding the Lord providing Love for the unlovable, Joy in trials, Peace in turmoil, Patience with it all, Kindness for the unkind, and a desire to do more good, and even occasionally more sensitivity to annoying kids. And all of that helps for the Self control I have to practice :)

1 comment:

  1. is someone getting frustrated with the kiddies? Keep calm, deep breath, I know you can do it. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete