Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blessings in Photography

My fiance says my blog is not full of Whims or Joy, so I have decided to just post a few pictures that show my actual joy living in Korea.

This is our new friend, he kept staring at us so our photographer (Yolondo Lupoe) decided we should jump in with our buddy for a quick picture. Stunning old man isn't he?

After a long day of shooting we decided to jump in a fountain for our last location. Dripping wet, cold and completely happy. I love green.
We bought our traditional clothing at a market that sells used clothing, together they cost us about 20,000 won, which is less than $20 US. Amazing and my very favorite part of picture taking. Hanboks are lovely, comfortable and so fun. We definitely were in the Korean spirit.
Life is good. I am blessed with a man of God who knows my heart. He even recognizes when I need time alone and doesn't take it personally that I would rather paint than hang out on a rainy holiday day.
God is good all the time, and although I have been finding it hard to see his exact purpose for my being here in Korea teaching english and not art, I do believe he is good and I can clearly see how blessed I am. I mean God cares about the details; on our photography day I didn't have acne or chapped lips and even my hair was in place, which of recent has been non-existent. He provided a perfect green dress for fountain pictures and hanbok's for our Korean style and all for near nothing. He provided a professional photographer who loves us enough to cut us a ridiculous deal and took her entire saturday to bless us. He blessed us with perfect picture weather and locations all within walking distance of each other.

When normality lies across the sea I like to store away these small blessings in the pockets of my mind, easily accessible for that rainy holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Hannah. I LOVED your engagement pictures... and I love what you have to say here about God.

    Seeing the purpose for being here in Korea is definitely challenging... Mine seems to change from day-to-day, and now... well, I feel content just to let it be, free from any set idea in my mind. I just FEEL as though there's nowhere else I'm supposed to be right now. And that... is enough. :)

    ReplyDelete