Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DIY: Shoe Box into a Vintage Suit Case




So I have had a to-do list in my head of the things I wanted to make that I have found on Pinterest.  This one has been there for a bit, but today I realized I had cleared out a shoe box and was about to throw it away, BUT WAIT! I need that!
So I stripped the shoe box of the wrapping paper that once adorned it and I used cheap acrylic paint to coat the box.....once, twice, and three times in a few spots.
After the paint finally dried, I used a thin marker/felt tip pen/sharpie to draw my lines. I used a ruler for some of the straight lines but the majority I did freehand to achieve that handmade look. (excuse my poor photography)

 I simply copied the patterns from the boxes I saw....which you can check out on my DIY pinterest board.

HINT: when drawing your lines, do put the lid on to mark where the designs on the bottom should end/begin, then take them apart and work on the separately. It is a hassle to try and work with the box all together... or at least I think it is.


So now my bedroom has a new box to hold all my clutter from on my dresser. I may make more for my  arts and crafts storage....maybe in beige next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment