Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Characters: My Watercolor Children


 I don't know how I didn't start this earlier, but I am now doing a lot of characters. One of my friends, Ndeme, said I should make a profile for each of them so here it goes.

"Aloha, My name is Sachiko Nakama. My parents moved to Hawaii before I was born, so I am American even if my name is Japanese. They did try to teach me all the kanji and writing, but I like time in the garden practicing making my own kind of banzai trees better. Kawaii usagii, ne! (cute bunny, huh! for those of you who aren't bi-lingual)."


"Hi! My name is Angelic Ferraro, and yes I know my last name sounds Italian. Actually a long time ago my great-great Grandpa who came from Italy married my great-great Grandma who was from Haiti.  But who cares about silly history, wanna see my birdie?!  I don't like cages, but my lil' bird seems to think it's home so I keep it anyway. He can fly away if he wants, but he loves me so he doesn't."

 

"Hiya. I'm Peter Bittinger. I really hate this costume, but my mom thinks it's "soooo cute!" The only good part about it is my parents let me go fishing when I wear it. I love fishing. I love the hooks, and the bobbers,  and the cool lures! My Dad is really good at fishing, he once caught a fish the size of my head! I feel real hot right now."


"Anyeong! My name is Simeon Ha. I am from Korea, but my father moved here for his job. He helps me with my robot. We built him and like to take him to competitions. He is a winner and his name is Chamchi. It means tuna and that is my favorite food, but it has to be mixed with rice and kimchi to be my very favorite. I know it sounds strange but it is delicious! One day I want to make robot cars that take us everywhere and do our laundry for us when we aren't inside them and run on sunshine and rain."

1 comment:

  1. I love them, Hannah! They are so unique. I'm glad to see how you can use your travels to create these worldly characters. :o) Writing children's books may be in your future!

    ReplyDelete