Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Watercoloring Cute Critters

This is "The Rare River Otter"

I started out with sketches and added color layer by layer.

The Rare River Otter is my favorite. Particularly his sweater. It took a while to do the stitching, but it was worth it!

My table when it is taken over by art stuffs..... actually this is a pretty clean day.

"Sealed with a Kiss"

"Polar Bear Stops to Smell the Flowers"

"Can You Bear to be Mine?"

"My Otter Half"

"He was not like the Otters" he twas, "afraid of teh water."


I finally sat down and did some art. It did take a while to paint today. My original thought was to do very simplified painting, but of course I can never do as little as I hope to do. I really did enjoy today though. I always feel very productive after completing artwork; even more so once it is on etsy.com. I have been blessed lately with my shop dwindling down a little and I really wanted to update. Luckily I got inspired, a little aquarium animal, a little valentines, and a little polar bear project at school and tah-dah! Fun and Whimsical Critters for all.

3 comments:

  1. I thought those river otters looked familiar! Love those little guys! Such cute work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee! IF you ever come home to visit we should go visit them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I hope you get inspired to do more! I I were decorating a child's room I would love to have a bunch of those. Or, maybe a family room or something.
    The colors are great, especially the 2 with snow, but each one is special.

    ReplyDelete