Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Many Mini-Paintings

I have been doing a lot of small paintings lately. I wanted to do some fun quick work that perhaps would be affordable and get some more people checking out my etsy.

I have actually put my favorites first.....well at least the first two.
I realize that I find horns fascinating. I mean the Lord put beautiful sculptures that grow out of animals heads that serve real purposes too.

I have had an ongoing doodle habit of adding little tiny people shapes to drawings I've done; I felt the deer was an appropriate place for small people to ride.

I must admit, I do not like how a varnished painting photographs.... anyone know how to not have a sheen? Anyhoo, I did the dragon in honor of my 2nd grad students who are painting their own Chinese New Years Dragons. I am truly excited to see the outcome of my students work.

This circus scene is from an in class drawing I had a Korean class do; I would tell them something to draw like, 'Draw a ball.....draw an elephant on the ball....etc.' I rather enjoyed my original and made it a bit more sturdy in paint.

A lot of birds....I wanted to do some cartoon type feathered friends. I think they are rather fun.
(again, hate the sheen from the gloss finish, it really does look better in person)

An Ode to the Beginning of Love.

Another run with oil paint sticks. It was fun, but I must say the paint sticks are much better on canvases larger than 5x7 inches.

Sakura Meets a Giant Friend: This is actually one of my favorites that I have done so far. I just think they are great characters. This idea again came from an old drawing I did alongside my korean students.

I am experimenting with oil paint on tiny canvases, but so far I neither have the patience nor the tiny brushes necessary for such a thing..... i.e. it doesn't seem worth my time.

I feel I did salvage this little fellow. I enjoyed scratching off some paint to create more texture, but I still think I enjoy painting larger more.

No comments:

Post a Comment